Summer Camp Operations Order:
INFO : Cost per Scout: earlybird $230 or $255 after May 5.
$25 discount if you pre-pay according to the payment schedule below (or all at once before May)
Deposits CANNOT be refunded BUT CAN be transferred to another scout.
SUMMER CAMP T-SHIRT CONTEST info
MEDICAL FORM :
Medical FORM A & B 2012
C needed for Summer Camp
CODE of CONDUCT FORM : Conduct Form
"Campership" financial aid, partial or full, to cover the fee to
go to camp, is available from funding given to the Blue Grass
Contact: Summer Camp Coordinator: Mark Vranicar firstname.lastname@example.org
Prescription medications: If your scout is on medication, please put them in a clear plastic bag along w a note of the days/times it's to be taken.
Extra money may be needed for:
$ for certain merit badge crafts, i.e. Leather work , etc (to buy leather)
$ for Trading post snacks / souvenirs / drinks
$ for shotgun shells / bullets for shooting sports. (shotgun may be 14yrs limit)
Merit badges offered : Merit Badge Classes 99.2KB
Pharmacist checklist Pharmacist form
Maps : Google map
Sunday June 15
CAMP Packing List:
___ 1 Complete Scout Uniform (Mandatory).
OPTIONAL Scout Equipment
___ Fishing pole / tackle
Also, please take note of the following:
(1) Prescription medications. Meds need to be in their original containers and placed in a ziploc plastic bag along with instructions for their use. We will collect all of these prior to getting on the bus, so please don't pack them deep inside a backpack or footlocker. One of the adults will hand out these medications when required, so it's essential we keep them organized and know exactly when they are to be given.
(2) NO Cell phones. Please leave them at home. Most of the adults will have cell phones and the camp has phones, so we have plenty of ways to communicate if necessary. Cell phones make it hard for a boy to work through any "homesickness" he might experience and - these days - they're also game platforms and as such are very distracting from the camp experience. If a boy brings a phone, one of the adults will hold it for him until the end of camp.
(3) Electronic games. Not allowed. Like cell phones, they're just too distracting. Cards, puzzles, books, frisbees, board games, etc., are all okay for evening downtime - but please NO electronics.
(4) Merit Badge books and materials. First-Year campers are in the Dan Beard program (formerly called the Baden-Powell program) and need be concerned only with the Swimming and First Aid merit badges, but it is expected that each camper will bring his own merit badge pamphlets and materials for the classes he's taking. These can be obtained from the scout store. (They have a limited selection available at the Trading Post too, but it's best to get them ahead of time.) Tammi Michl sent an email listing of all the merit badges and their requirements and they also be found in Merit Badge Classes 99.2KB.
** Needed for Merit Badges: Lifesaving,Swimming and Project COPE
A few notes on summer camp:
(1) Arrival - Please be at the church by 10:00AM on Sunday, June 19. Scouts should be in full uniform. We will load the bus, check forms, and check-in personal medications. Medications should be in their original containers, sealed in a plastic bag along with the scout's name, and include instructions for giving out the medication(s) to the scout. (Checklists for what to bring to camp were sent out earlier.) We'll attend church service, have lunch at the church, and leave for camp around 1:30PM. Scouts should have a full water bottle for the ride down and the check-in process at camp - it will most likely be HOT outside.
(2) Mail - Scouts love to receive mail and "care packages" (cookies, snacks, fun items, etc.) from home while at camp. It can take a few days for mail to get to camp, so mail early. The mailing address is:
McKee Scout Reservation
8695 Levee Rd.
Jeffersonville, KY 40337
Website: http://campmckee. org/index. php?option= com_contact&view=category&catid=11&Itemid=3
(Mr. Chase always likes to remind everyone that the adults like cookies, too.)
(3) Family Participation Night - Families are welcome to visit the Troops on Friday night. ALL GUESTS ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK IN and receive a visitor’s pass. Meal tickets are available from 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM at the Administration Building, after 5:30 purchase tickets at Stamler Dining Hall. Cub Scouts in uniform eat FREE! The water carnival is at 4:30 p.m., retreat is at 6:00 p.m., dinner is at 6:15 p.m., and the closing campfire is at 8:30 p.m.
(4) Early Dismissal from Camp - Please note that leaving early on Friday is extremely unfair to the scouts that stay and are required to clean up and break down camp on Saturday. If you MUST leave early, you are required to fill out a release form with the administrative staff at the administration building. This form must be signed by a parent, the scoutmaster, and the camp administrator prior to departure. You will also be responsible for cleaning up your personal area and carrying your clothing and equipment down from campsite 2 to your car. Excepting cases of injury or disability, Vehicles will NOT be allowed to drive up to the campsite. If you already know that you will need to leave camp early, please let me know before we leave for camp.
All fuel (propane, white gas) must be checked in and held by the Camp
Mailing address to
Carryon for the bus:
In a plastic bag – bring the clothes you will change into after travel (we will leave ALL uniform pieces – including Scout socks on the bus so we can travel home in clean uniforms).
SUMMER CAMP 2010!
Camp photos are now posted here in the photo section